North Carolina’s city of Asheville is perhaps one of my most favorite cities to explore Known for its eclectic art scene and historical architecture, there are many sights to be seen, shops to meander through, restaurants to be enjoyed and fun to be had. Home to the Blue Ridge Mountains even nature lovers can appreciate this amazing city. So what are some of the top things to do while visiting Asheville?
- The Haunted Asheville Tour- For those of you who enjoy ghosts and spooky thing you will love the guided night tour of Haunted Asheville. See all the proposed haunted sites in this old historical town filled with lots of history
- Downtown Asheville- So many things all in one place! Independent shops, craft breweries and top rated restaurants to explore and enjoy
- The Drum Circle/ Live Street Performances- Undiscovered new talents of all degrees provide live street performances laced throughout the city. The Drum Circle happens every Friday is a FREE community event for all those who wish to attend. Listen to the beat, dance and let loose and have some fun!
- Trolley/Bus Tours- Lazoom The “Purple Bus” guided tour will offer you a glimpse into Asheville’s historic history. Or join one of the manu Trolley Tour and enjoy the guided tour of the city narrated by local storytelling tour guides.
- Shopping- With so many chic indie boutiques, craft fairs, The Grove Arcade open air market, and art galleries there is shopping for everyone
- Biltmore Estate- The winter estate owned by George W. vanderbilt is no somewhat of a museum. Open to the public to enjoy a guided tour, participate in horseback riding or stop by the winery for a wine tasting.
- Biltmore Village- What was once the neighborhood made up of all the Biltmore estates workers now is a quaint little town located right before the entrance of vanderbilt’s breathtaking est estate. Filled with vibrant shops, art & craft galleries and restaurants it’s a perfect spot to stop wander around before or after your estate tour
- Blue Ridge Mountains- You don’t have to be a nature lover to enjoy this beautiful southern mountain range. With two natural forests to be explored the Pisgah and the Nantahala, as well as biking trails and roads to enjoy riding along and exploring the Blue Mountain range is highly advised to a little pay a visit too.
Asheville has so many great things to offer and is definitely a city of North Carolina that can be much enjoyed. It has a way of welcoming every type of person out there and a vibrance about it that makes it extra special!