North Carolina’s city of Asheville is perhaps one of my most favorite cities to explore Known for its eclectic art scene and historical architecture, there are many sights to be seen, shops to meander through, restaurants to be enjoyed and fun to be had. Home to the Blue Ridge Mountains even nature lovers can appreciate this amazing city. So what are some of the top things to do while visiting Asheville?
- The Haunted Asheville Tour- For those of you who enjoy ghosts and spooky thing you will love the guided night tour of Haunted Asheville. See all the proposed haunted sites in this old historical town filled with lots of history
- Downtown Asheville- So many things all in one place! Independent shops, craft breweries and top rated restaurants to explore and enjoy
- The Drum Circle/ Live Street Performances- Undiscovered new talents of all degrees provide live street performances laced throughout the city. The Drum Circle happens every Friday is a FREE community event for all those who wish to attend. Listen to the beat, dance and let loose and have some fun!
- Trolley/Bus Tours- Lazoom The “Purple Bus” guided tour will offer you a glimpse into Asheville’s historic history. Or join one of the manu Trolley Tour and enjoy the guided tour of the city narrated by local storytelling tour guides.
- Shopping- With so many chic indie boutiques, craft fairs, The Grove Arcade open air market, and art galleries there is shopping for everyone
- Biltmore Estate- The winter estate owned by George W. vanderbilt is no somewhat of a museum. Open to the public to enjoy a guided tour, participate in horseback riding or stop by the winery for a wine tasting.
- Biltmore Village- What was once the neighborhood made up of all the Biltmore estates workers now is a quaint little town located right before the entrance of vanderbilt’s breathtaking est estate. Filled with vibrant shops, art & craft galleries and restaurants it’s a perfect spot to stop wander around before or after your estate tour
- Blue Ridge Mountains- You don’t have to be a nature lover to enjoy this beautiful southern mountain range. With two natural forests to be explored the Pisgah and the Nantahala, as well as biking trails and roads to enjoy riding along and exploring the Blue Mountain range is highly advised to a little pay a visit too.
Asheville has so many great things to offer and is definitely a city of North Carolina that can be much enjoyed. It has a way of welcoming every type of person out there and a vibrance about it that makes it extra special!
You may have heard North Carolina referred to as the “Tar Heel State” how did this unusual nickname come about? While its true meaning is a mystery in its own right, and there are many different theories that have circulated through the years, most believe the nickname stems from the fact that North Carolina has a long history that going far back, as being one of the biggest producers of rsoin, tar, turpentine & pitch. Why? The ingredients for these materials is all derived from the abundance of pine forests found throughout the entire state. Want to know some more interesting facts about this great state? Continue you reading and enjoy the fun facts we have compiled for you!
Interesting Facts About North Carolina
- Krispy Kreme Donuts- These coveted donuts were first brought to life in Winston Salem, North Carolina
- “First In Flight”- The Wright Brothers, The godfathers of aviation flew their first successful flight out of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
- Biltmore Estate- easily the nation’s LARGEST private residence, it is a beautiful and much sought after tourist destination
- Capital Of BBQ- For those of you who take your BBQ seriously, we do too here in North Carolina. In fact Lexington is the BBQ capital of the world! Now that’s some good BBQ
- 3 Main Products- Although NC is known for its tar production, the state is also known for its production of cotton, sweet potatoes and tobacco.
- Emeralds Galore- The 20 biggest emeralds found i the world came out of North Carolina
- Great Smoky Mountains- The Great smoky Mountains & its National Park are some of the most sought after & famous tourist destination perhaps in the state!
- NASCAR-We are lovers of NASCAR, so much in fact that Charlotte, NC boasts the New Built NASCAR Hall of Fame!
- Moonshine- A HUGE producer of moonshine during the prohibition
- Hello Pepsi- Where Pepsi was born in the city of New Berlin
- Home to The Oldest University- Here you will find the University of North carolina at Chapel Hill. It is the OLDEST State University in the ENTIRE U.S.
- Gorgeous Beaches- The Outer Banks of NC boast some of the most breathtaking beaches found in all of the country!
- WhiteWater Falls- This beautiful water fall is located in Transylvania County and is known as the highest waterfall in all of The Eastern United States
- Cherry Point- perhaps you have heard of this marine base set in Havelock, NC. It is the biggest marine base in ALL of the Marine Corps!
- Morehead City- This fabolous city is home to the North carolina Seafood Festival held every October. If you love seafood you will definitely want to check out this festival!
While I’m sure we could tell you even more fun and interesting facts about our beloved state, we don’t want to overwhelm you on our first post! Stay tuned for more to come on the FAMOUS BBQ, incredible scenery, and great tourist destinations. Once again WELCOME to the state of North Carolina, we extend our utmost southern hospitality and welcome you all with open arms!
Welcome to our blog on the beautiful state of North Carolina! We started this blog in hopes of sharing all the wonderful details, facts, things to do & sought after tourist destinations here in our lovely state! With everything from sandy beaches, incredible mountains(The Great Smoky Mountains), humming cities, natural beauty and incredible BBQ & other cuisine, North Carolina is a great place to visit, explore or even put down your roots. North carolina has something to offer all types of adventure seekers, wanderlusts, and inquisitive travelers. Stay tuned for our very first blog post that will be coming soon!